Wednesday 13 October 2010

Alton day trip - personal

During a day trip to Alton Towers this summer I took the opportunity to take some shots trying to capture the enjoyment of the day, I have cropped each of the images to hopefully improve the picture balance.


Air - I positioned myself under the ride and set the camera to a fast shutter speed, hand held. I was hoping to capture the enjoyment on the passengers as they past by overhead.


Pirate ride - for this shot I had to stand in the line of fire as the boat carried on its journey, as soon as friendly fire hit me I new it was time to retreat...


Oblivion - for this shot I used a wooden fence as a temporary tripod. I tried different shutter speeds trying and capture the movement of the ride, I also decreased the apertures to reduce the amount of light entering the camera to avoid image burn-out, the above image is the one were I think it worked best.


Whilst walking past a large group of deckchair users I decided to try and take a landscape shot, I shot this image by positioning myself to the left of the last deckchair in the group in a crouch position (some strange looks) and tried to capture a sense of isolation, for the post production work I firstly saved the image as a sepia then I hand tinted areas and then I cropped it as above.


No comments:

Post a Comment