Thursday 21 October 2010

Image manipulation - Ass 211 i'sh

The idea for this portraiture shot was to use a coloured lens filter as a prop, Chris the model for the day is budding photographer and I wanted to bring some part of his hobby into the photo shoot, from discussion I set up the camera and lights, the main focus point would be the hand held lens filter, positioned over his right eye.

After taking the shots I downloaded all of the images to my desktop and I selected one of the image which I felt had the right balance and lens position.

For the next stage in the image process I needed to develop and colour montage in Photoshop, I decided to turn the image in to black and white with a hi-contrast look and feel, I would also retain the red filter colour and a yellow background was chosen as a balance to the overall image.

Lens EF-S18-55mm f/5.7

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kev
    Again you need to look at portrait photographers in blogs with pictures as well. And from these we will be able to see there is alot you can add of value to your own work. Look at richard avedons work for example gather some of his portrait work or steve pyke to compare your studio work to.


    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I will give you and the class a large handout on names of people to research as this seems to be a weak area across the board.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete