Tuesday 12 October 2010

Ass 207 - Task 1b - Advertising concept theme 1

Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken :-

The idea is to take one of my original rough sketch ideas for a poster recruitment campaign and to turn this early concept into a photographic image, the image needs to work with the headline “know anyone who would make the cricketer’s successful?”
I have sourced various props for this session which will be used to dress the model as a cricketing umpire. I am hoping to create an image that is both interesting and hopefully humorous.
I will also discuss with the tutor about the opportunity to try some different lenses to see how they work differently from my own in both use and the resulting images.



Reasons for selection of theme (including inspiration from the work of others) :-

I chose this theme because I wanted to see my idea develop and enjoy the opportunity to take a sketch idea free from external influence which I have in my daily work, inspiration has been gained from Rankin, his ability to capture a look, feeling or different emotion time after time for each new advertising brief and how he continually can come up with new creative ideas is something I can only try to emulate.

The photo imaging equipment and medium that will be used and why :-

For the studio session I will be using my Canon 500D with a shutter release cable and a hotshoe adapter linking to the studio lights for firing, a minimum of two lights will be used one to light the subject and one for the background, the use of reflectors might be used if I feel they can add something to the images.



The lenses I will be using are a Canon 50mm lens and a Canon 18-55mm lens. For the post production work I will be using the software Lightroom to process the work and Photoshop CS3, once ready I will upload the selected images to my blog and I will also incorporate one of the images into an artwork visual as well.

Techniques that will be used and how they will help convey the visual message :-

I will be trying different positions for the lights to see how this effects the contrast within the image and how it changes the overall look and feel of the photograph. I will also be moving the position of camera to try and get the right viewpoint. Depth of field settings will also add to the overall atmosphere of the image.

Safety considerations:-

All health and safety guidelines will be observed once the studio has been entered,I will familiarise myself and model with the fire evacuation routes from the studio. I will always keep the door clear of all obstruction, we need to find out the contact name and number of the first aider before starting work in the studio and report immediately any accident or near miss to the tutor and in general act responsible at all times and look after and tidy up all the equipment once used.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Good themed work which is well prepared and evidenced.
    Labelled as well which is good and will help you to track where you are within the course, can you make sure you are producing enough work for each theme.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete