Friday 8 October 2010

Personal work - college

Personal work - these two images were the result of my first solo flight in the college photographic studio. The exercise was to work in pairs - having to working both sides of the camera would hopefully help us to understand what it is like for the ordinary person to sit in front of a camera and be asked to pose.

For this session we used 2 lights, one to light the subject from the front or side and the second one for the background. The lens I chose to used was a 18-55mm with f-stops of 3.5 to 5.6.


For the first image I got Tony to use the camera as a prop keeping a straight face looking directly at the lens and leaning back in the chair slightly. For the second sitting I asked Tony to sit upright balanced on a stool, I tried to get him to relax by talking, using the odd swear word and laughter with this informal interaction between us I feel that this photograph captured part of his personality.



Once I had downloaded the images and made my selection I worked in Photshop for the post-production work, I was looking to alter the contrast and create the bleach look and feel.


1 comment:

  1. I think you've done really well with the studio work. I especially like the second portrait where you have captured a relaxed expression. Nice contrast too.

    ReplyDelete